Sunday, February 1, 2009
London's Run
I ran my first 10K (6.2 miles) on Saturday. The event was London's Run and all proceeds went to families who have a child with leukemia. The race was held at Schepf Farms in Queen Creek. While I ran David and the kids had breakfast and the kids played on the bouncy toys. Brandon even went bull riding! Gilbert Fire department showed off their firetruck and the kids got up close to a helicopter. It was a fun event! If I had to guess there were about 3,000 people who attended. I ran the race in apx. 1.10 hours (11 minute mile). I thought I'd have to walk some of it (since I haven't ran that distance since Oct.) but my yummy little Jelly Beans kept me going! The next run Two Sisters One Heart. will be on Feburary 14th, and our entire family will be participating in either a 3K ( 1 miles) or 5K (3.1 miles)! Let me know if you wanna join us!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Go, Betsy!!!
You are a runnin machine! This one looked like fun for the whole family.
Post a Comment